The auto glass industry is not only limited to windshield repair for cars. Instead, an array of industries is growing with the growing types of windows on vehicles today. Let’s talk about Car door window replacement. At some point or the other, there may arise a time to get your car window replaced. For example, the motor for power window might burn which in turn will not allow the window to move up or down. The damaged window exposes you and your car at the risk of theft or any weather-related circumstances.
Car door window replacement process:
The process is easy and hassle-free, yet it requires to be replaced in safe and experienced hands.
- Inspect damage
- Remove the door panel for easy access to the glass
- Vacuum all the debris
- Insert a new car window
- Test for proper window functionality
- Replace the door panel
- Clean the entire glass on the vehicle
The entire car door window replacement process takes less than one hour to get you back on the road fixing all the damage at the minimal cost.
Rather than spending chunks of the amount of repairing, it is advised to take relevant precautions to ensure door windows work perfectly. Following are the steps to take care of:
- Be gentle with opening and closing door: Sudden slamming the door while closing can cause a severe vibration inside which can, in turn, cause your windows to crack and eventually break. It is better advised to be gentle while closing the doors to avoid any structural damage.
- Less exposure to direct sunlight: The UV rays of the sun cause damage to the window glass when exposed to sunlight for hours. The damage can either loosen the internal window installation or structural damage. The solution is: try to park your car with a protective cover on or under a shade.
- Avoid using harsh cleaning agents: Using hard cleaning agents can damage the car windows. Therefore, one should always be sure and aware of the type of cleaning agents they are using to clean the windows of the car.
Every glass of the car or big rigs is as essential to Baloor Auto Glass as to you which is why we are remotely available to you in case you ever encounter any damage.